Pardon this interruption for a quick public service announcement.
What: Melissa (Global Mom, author, public speaker) and Randall (Global Dad, international global executive, best all around guy) address the topic:
GLOBALLY MOBILE CAREERS AND FAMILIES: HOW TO THRIVE
Where: Harvard Business School, (Aldrich 107), Boston, MA.
When: Wednesday, April 27th, beginning at 8 pm … and lasting until they drag us away
What else? Question and Answer session
What kinds of questions?
- Does going on an international assignment help advance or progress your career faster? Or is “out of sight, out of mind” the rule at corporate headquarters?
- How did your four children respond to moving not only frequently, but far and always into foreign languages/cultures?
- Melissa, what did it feel like to be solo parenting four children in foreign cultures while your husband traveled internationally or even lived/worked in another country for many months on end?
- Randall,what was the hardest part about being separated from your wife and children, and what did you do wen you returned to help both the family and yourself rediscover balance?
- What specific things did you do as a family to hold together after the tragic death of your eldest son in the middle of an international move and while living a foreign country?
- What lessons have you learned from other cultures about balancing careers, marriage, and parenting?
- What warnings (or enticements) would you offer young professionals considering globally mobile careers?
And whatever else YOU want to ask. We’ve never met a question we didn’t like.
Admission is free. We hope to see you and your friends there!